Strange Cru… That’s what I’ll call it. After three weeks, this beer is finally in bottles. What took my previous batches of beer 10 days, this one took 28. This brew bubbled pretty steadily for a week, at which point I moved it into the secondary fermenter. I then went away to Camp Kemo for a week and let it sit. Upon my return, I noticed further signs of fermentation (a ring of sediment around the top, the airlock thingy was pushed up, indicating air had escaped).
Whatever this yeast was, it was like awakening a sleeping giant. Not only did it take much longer to get going, it had some fortitude. I am very surprised at how long it stayed alive and kept on bubbling. I just hope it doesn’t go nuts in the bottles and blow up. That would suck.
In the mean time, I’m going to sit back and relax for the next two weeks, awaiting the popping of the first bottle. I’m very excited about this batch, I think it has a lot of potential. So sit tight, and enjoy a few beers while we wait.