Tampa Bay Beer Week is upon us! In fact, it was upon me in full force yesterday at the Brewer’s Ball. And I am still feeling its weight!
As we get into the week, are you feeling overwhelmed at all the events and choices? Too much beer, not enough blood to hold it?
I have studied the event list like it was a final exam in college, and I have taken the pulse of the beer community. I have boiled down the multitude of events into a couple to choose from each day. It’s very likely you will find me at one of these throughout the week.
In particular, I’ll be pouring one of my beers with Special Hoperations on Thursday night at Florida Avenue Brewing. It’s the club’s annual TBBW party, and I’ll have my “Maizen” on tap. Come out to try it and hear how I created a new beer style.
- Total Eclipse of the Sun: 7venth Sun Tap Takeover at The Independent. 14 7venth Sun beers on tap.
- High Gravity Night: Rapp Brewing Co.
- Tampa Bay Brewing Beer Dinner: Beer dinner featuring pairings from Tampa Bay Brewing and Thomas Creek.
- Crawfish Boil and Beer Pairing: Fat Tuesday party at 3 Daughters Brewing
- Special Hoperations TBBW Party: Florida Avenue Brewing. 8 kegs on tap from Special Hoperations homebrewers, including my Maizen.
- There’s nowhere else you should go.
- Brewer’s Tasting Room 1st Anniversary Party: Special releases and rare beers to celebrate one year. There may still be some of my Vendetta left if you hurry.
- Barrel-Aged Beer Day: Peg’s Cantina
- Foeder for Thought: Green Bench Brewing. All beers on tap were aged in oak foeders.
- Hunahpu’s Day: It’s sold out, so if you’re going to this, you already know. If you’re not, check out these other events.
- Gasparilla Music Festival: Flaming Lips and RJD2 headline, accompanied by local craft beer and restaurants providing food
- Dunedin Craft Beer Fest